Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Popover with a Twist – Sewing Projects | BurdaStyle.com

Popover with a Twist – Sewing Projects BurdaStyle.com

This dress was made for my niece Blair. It is based on Oliverands’ Popover Sundress. Thank you for a great Pattern! Since Blair is a size 10, I made some alterations to the pattern and changed it up a bit. I like to put my “twist” on what I sew to make it my own. I made the yoke a little taller, added straps (instead of ties), added more fabric at center front and back (so that I could gather front and back for more fullness). I also wanted the back to be more of a “racer” back, so I made the yoke a little narrower. On the back of the dress, I added a large fabric flower, which is attachd to a loop with a hair clip. I decided to do this so that it is removable, and there’s the added bonus of wearing it as a hair piece. Since I like to upcycle, I also made a pair of capris with ruffles and a matching D-ring belt. Paired with a simple tshirt, this outfit will take her from early spring to the hottest summer day.
Imag0226_large
 
  • Imag0218_grid

  • Imag0219_grid

  • Imag0221_grid

  • Imag0223_grid

  • Imag0220_grid

  • Imag0225_grid

  • Imag0224_grid

  • Imag0222_grid

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment